Filling your life with hope and your glass with wine
Podcast blog/show notes
Listen here: Link to show
Kirsten interviews Dannielle about shamanism as a practice in modern society. What is shamanism? Who are shamans? Can anybody become a shaman? They discuss where it came from over the thousands of years it has been practiced, and how shamanism can fit into our lives today.
Then Kirsten tells the story of Vinho Verde from Portugal, a wine that is perfect for a spring or summer cocktail hour.
Dannielle's website: www.shamanictwist.com
Ep. 22 Listen here
In this episode, Dannielle and Kirsten talk through what repeating patterns are in our lives, why we get stuck in them and how we can break free. Discover questions to ask yourself to help you figure out what may be underneath your decisions to repeat behavior you don't actually like.
Kirsten pairs this discussion with walking into the liquor store and always buying the same two or three wines. How can you figure out a new wine to buy that you will probably like? It's not difficult and will expose you to amazing new wines!
Tips from Dannielle to recognize a repeating pattern or belief system at work in your life:
1. Are you saying to yourself, "I told you _____ would happen," or "This always happens to me."?
2. What was happening when you started to say this? Where else does this happen?
3. What must I believe to be true to allow this to happen? What does this say about me? This hopefully will get you closer to the bottom line of why you keep on the same course.
4. Ask yourself, "What have I learned from this? What benefit has believing this has this provided?"
Tips from Kirsten to stop buying the same wine:
1. Search online for your favorite wine's characteristics, like "What are the characteristics of Chardonnay?" You'll see general info about your type of wine, ie: medium to heavy weight, low acid, higher alcohol, etc.
2. Search the phrase "Wine type similar to '_your favorite wine_'" See what pops up and put the one or two types that sound most appealing on a list and look for them at the liquor store.
Are you looking for some hope and inspiration for your day? Co-hosts Kirsten Fox, executive sommelier, and Dannielle Bryan, shamanic healer, and their guests share powerful, true, inspiring stories, which Kirsten then pairs to a wine. Filling your life with hope and your glass with wine.